Saturday, August 29, 2009

Put = புட்; Cut = கட்; Cute = க்யுட்

Yes, at the risk of repeating what scores of others have already stated - I categorically 'pronounce'- English is indeed a funny language!!! I realised, its cos, in English, we do not write things the way they are read, unlike in most Indian vernacular languages!
Now sample this:
Use is yu Z; used is yu Sd; Are there looSe ends or am i a lo'Z'r?

After 14 years of convent education, I still dont know :)

Didya knw - enthusiasm is actually pronounced In-thyu-ziazm. I can be an able (ஏபல்/ एबल) person, but my abilities (அபிலிடீஸ்/ अबिलिटीस) could be limited.

Well, if vision has to be pronounced vi-zh-un, why cant they write it so? If nymph is to be pronounced the way it has to be, wont it be simpler to spell it 'nimf'?

I, am a genius! (Courtesy: Sid the Sloth, Ice Age 1 :))

No comments:

Post a Comment