Monday, March 22, 2010

Cookers and Packers!


Fact: 'Healthy eating encourages five or six small sized meals as against three king-sized meals'

Yeah, any health conscious dud would tell you that! And I religiously follow it! The only hitch - who will make and pack those 5 (ok only 3 to be packed) meals?

Well, dieticians and nutritionists across the globe might swear by this method... in fact, it is a recommended food chart for every aspiring loser - i mean, weight loser :)

Everyday I carry 4 dabbas to office, in addition to the breakfast I eat at home and the snack/juice I have in the office! One bowl of dal and rice, one bowl of veggies, one bowl of curd (which is already in the process of becoming buttermilk) and a small dabba of nuts/fruits!
And there have been days, when I have been tempted to not carry a bag - just my wallet and cellphone, but my oh my, where will I accomodate that big apple or a pack of multi-grain biscuits? (Boy, am I glad about the big bag trend! )

But I just need more clarity on how this 5 meal system works in a weight loss regimen... does it help by
A. spacing out meals, increasing metabolism and cutting down on hunger pangs and binges OR
B. by increasing the effort of making and packing the meals and thereby burning calories?
(p.s. there are no calorie charts available for packing food - skipping, bathing, even writing finds a mention in the chart!)

Time taken for cooking food - 10 minutes
Time taken for packing food - 15 minutes

Sorry, what was your question? What? Have I lost? Yeah, i have...
I have lost count of my weight :D

Yours heavily,
Meenakshi! :D

1 comment:

  1. Meenu u have actually lost some weight. And mind u I strongly feel, its the packing thats helped more than the eating itself :D

    ReplyDelete